Health and Wellbeing
Join the growth of Health and wellbeing
Health and wellbeing is the world’s biggest industry, growing at more than 5% annually. Finnish companies have the opportunity to take a significant slice of this growth – we have already succeeded, for example, in health technology exports, now one of the fastest growing high-tech export sectors in Finland.
Info about the theme
Business Finland helps Finnish companies to develop and export competitive health and wellbeing solutions and services to global markets by utilizing the digital transformation.
Business Finland promotes the development of the health data business ecosystems, which include our digital information resources and biobanks at their core. Platform economy solutions also play a major role in the competitiveness of the Finnish healthcare business.
- Country one pagers, health specific information. Get an overview of the countries, NEW:
- Why Finland Health presentation (pdf)
- Get to know the Finnish companies at finlandhealth.fi.
- Sign up for the Business Finland Health & Wellbeing newsletter and be the first to hear about our events and news.
- Check out the funding opportunities for research, product development and business development.
Companies and research organisations can apply for funding from Business Finland at any time.
Support form national strategies
One of the Government's growth policy priorities is to accelerate growth in the health sector. On 14 June 2016, the Government published the 'Health Sector Growth Strategy for Research and Innovation Activities, Roadmap for 2016–2018'. This gives further details about the implementation of the growth strategy published in 2014 and accords with the Government's key projects and priorities. Business Finland is one of the organizations that implement the strategy