Fudan iLab program is done in cooperation with Fudan School of Management. The 1905 founded Fudan University in Shanghai is one of the oldest and most prestigious universities in China.
During the intensive six month work period (January-June), a Fudan MBA team can work on the following areas:
- Market analysis and analysis for market entrance
- Feasibility analysis for business operations
- Product analysis and a development strategy
- Business plan (focus points, networking, marketing, distribution and financing plan etc.)
The scope and other details of the project are decided together with your company before starting the project. Fudan iLab Program process is supervised and coordinated by staff from the Fudan School of Management.
Funding for Fudan iLab Program
- Primarily Tempo funding (startup and SME companies) as de minimis subsidies. Including own salaries, personnel side costs, outsourced services and general expenses
- Funding for young innovative companies. This financing option is intended for companies that have been granted Tekes' funding for young innovative companies. Expenses related to participation to Market Access Programs will be incorporated into the projects' costs (Phase I and II funding)
Fudan iLab Program requirements
- Business operations based on an innovative product concept
- Independent company or a unit of a larger corporation
- Sufficient technological expertise
- Concept that provides a sustainable competitive edge
- Paying clientele
- Sufficient funding and/or positive cash flow for the following 1 to 2 years
- Website in English
Company commitment towards Fudan iLab
- € 15,000 program fee
- Access to company information, customers, financials and strategic plans
- Average 1-2 hours per week from March to June
- Host 5 students for 3-4 days visit to company headquarters in Finland at the end of April 2021
- One trip to Shanghai: Mid-June 2021
Apply to Fudan iLab at the latest on 23 October 2020
- At the latest on 23 October 2020: Finnish companies submit applications to Business Finland
- By mid-November 2020: Company interviews will be organised. Representatives from Fudan University and Business Finland will interview applicant companies.
- November-December 2020: Projects decided and announced to Fudan MBA-student.
- December 2020: Student/Faculty selection and assignment to teams.
- January 2021: Initial team formation.
- February 2021: Winter vacation – preparation.
- March-June 2021: Conduct and completion of the Fudan-Business Finland iLab projects.
- March 2021: Kick-off meeting (by videoconference)
- 15 March 2021: Submission of the project proposals signed by companies.
- End of April 2021: Mid-term evaluation with companies (Fudan MBA students go to Finland).
- Mid-June 2021: Final report submission and presentation to companies (partner companies come to Shanghai).
Contact Business Finland advisor before applying to the program.
Finnish companies in Fudan iLab Program
Freeport Cobalt Oy, Berner Oy
Freeport Cobalt Oy, Harvia Oy, Domretor Oy, Kalaneuvos Oy, Parkkisähkö Oy
Yousician Oy, Verman Oy, Freeport Cobalt Oy, Kuudes Oy, Beneq Oy
Yanisan Air Oy, Magisso Oy, Prosys OPC Oy, Vepe Oy
Avaintec Oy, Optofidelity Oy, Ekolet Oy, Virranta-yhtiöt
Valio Oy, M-Brain Oy, Premix Oy, Modern Diagnostics Oy
Lumene, Vallilla Interior, BioGTS, Visual Components, Serres
Cesim, Confidex, Sintrol, StereoScape, Planray