Tsinghua University located in Beijing is the most prestigious university in China. Many of the highest politicians and business leaders in China have graduated from Tsinghua. The university has contacts all over China, top class research facilities and it is located next to China's Silicon Valley, ZhongQuanCun.
During the intensive four-month work period, professional teams doing their MBA degree at Tsinghua School of Economics and Management work on the following areas:
- Market data gathering from interviews of your potential clients or field study/studies.
- Identification of potential clients, sales channels for your products, or solutions and stakeholders that will impact your operation in China.
- Competitive advantage analysis or competition landscape of your target market segment.
- Identify and study key industry regulation and IPR law that has significant impact on your operation and IPR risk control in China.
- Market entry or expansion strategy and models investigated, validated and/or recommended by your MBA project team.
Please be aware that when applying for the program, your research topic and plan shall be ready and attractive. The scope and other details of the project is decided together with your company by staff from the Tsinghua School of Management before starting the project.
Funding for participation costs
- You can apply for a grant (de minimis) for the participation costs of the program. For small companies under 5 years old, the grant covers 75% of the participation costs. For SMEs and midcap companies over 5 years old, the grant covers 50% of the costs.
- Once your company has been accepted into the program, send a funding application in Business Finland’s online service
- The name of the financial service is "Accelerators and preparations for international projects"
- On the application tab "Basic application information" there is a drop-down menu under "Programs and other interfaces". Select the item "MAP Global Access Program (Asia)"
Participation costs can be included as part of an ongoing R&D project or Young Innovative Company (NIY) project.
- An innovative product or service with an international competitive advantage
- Sufficient funding and/or positive cash flow for the following 1 to 2 years
- Have paying customers
- Independent company or a subsidiary of a corporation
- Website in English
- € 15,000 program fee
- Prepare to spend in average 1-2 hours per week for the project
- Prepare to host project team's visit to your company in Finland
- Prepare to visit China if both sides agree to do so
Submission of application in fall
- By 27th October: the company sends the application form to program manager via email.
- Early November: Tsinghua interviews applicant companies.
- End of November: Tsinghua decides on the final company participants.
- December to coming Feb: preparation for project kick-off on Tsinghua side.
- Coming March: Project proposal signed by the company and official kick-off of the project.
- Coming April-May: Tsinghua MBA project team travels to Finland to carry mid-term evaluation with the company.
- Coming June: Project final presentation. The company is highly encouraged to physically participate in the closing ceremony held in Beijing
For more information, please contact the Program Manager Shi Ting Chen.
Finnish companies in Tsinghua FinLab
Environics Oy, Sarlin Oy
Gemic Oy, OAC Finland Oy, Caidio Oy, Bonne Juomat Oy
Wirepas Oy, MIP Electronics Oy