India offers numerous opportunities for Finnish companies specializing in sustainable packaging innovations. To support you in exploring and entering the Indian market, Business Finland has prepared a market research study which covers the following:
- An overview of the Indian Packaging Industry
- Sustainable packaging in India including growth potential
- Regulatory framework in India
- Specific structural, technological, or competitive gaps in the India market
- Comparative assessment of Finnish offerings vis-a-vis existing sustainable packaging solutions in India
- Competition in the market (domestic and international players)
- Go-to-market strategy
The findings of the market research study will be presented in a Webinar on 31st January 2022, 14-15:00 EET, by Business Finland and T&A Consulting, where the report will be distributed exclusively to the participants. The presentation will be followed by an interactive Q&A session with all participants and then 1-to-1 meetings between individual Finnish companies and T&A to for a more personalized discussion.
Features that make India an appealing market to many packaging solutions, include:
- In 2019, India’s packaging industry was valued at about USD 51 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of about 27% to reach a market size of about USD 205 Billion by 2025
- E-commerce, food delivery, and pharmaceutical industry are the primary target segments
- A 15% growth in India's paper packaging industry from 2020 to 2021 clubbed with e-commerce projected to grow at a CAGR of 14% between 2020 to 2025, is indicative of the rising opportunity for sustainable packaging companies
- Popular sustainable packaging technologies in India include bio-degradable packaging, bio-based packaging products and recycled plastic packaging
- India has become the first Asian country to launch India Plastic Pact, which aims to reduce the use of plastic and promote sustainability and circular economy.
- The 1-to-1 meetings will take place 31 Jan 15-16:30 EET (after the webinar), as well as 8 February 9-11 EET on Teams.
- The time reserved for each 1-to-1 meeting is 20 minutes and these are offered on a first-come first-served basis. Kindly book your slot in the Registration Form.
The webinar and the 1-to-1 meetings are free of charge but require registration. The event will be held in English.