NEW GOVERNMENT, NEW BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES IN CLEANTECH AND DIGITALIZATION
Welcome to join a Team Finland business delegation visit to Mexico on February 11 – 15, 2019, led by Ms. Anne-Mari Virolainen, Minister for Foreign Trade and Development. By taking part in this visit, you will be able to establish contacts with the new authorities and discover new business opportunities in sectors such as cleantech and digitalization.
The new Federal Government of Mexico takes office on December 1, 2018. The new President, Mr. Andrés Manuel López Obrador, has repeatedly referred to the Nordic countries as an example, when talking about the flagship projects of his incoming administration. Finland is mentioned four times in the "National Project 2018-2024" document of the new government. This is an attractive moment to establish contacts with Mexico's new government, that offers promising prospects for a fruitful collaboration during the next six years of its administration.
Mexico eyes at reforms and innovations in cleantech, health, digitalization, cybersecurity and education. The country has recently gone through a major energy reform, and the energy and electricity sectors are among the focus areas of the new government. Mexico looks for support from countries such as Finland to develop its circular economy and waste management regulations, which provides a good opportunity for Finnish companies to share experiences and influence the highest level of the new Mexican government.
Areas of business opportunity in Mexico include:
- The motion of people: Human flow congestion, freight, transportation, and traffic management.
- Water management: Water provisioning, sewage water, rainwater drainage, sewage relief, and water treatment.
- Waste management: Waste collection, management, treatment, recycling, waste-to-energy solutions.
- Energy management: self-generation, smart grids, renewable energy, real-time consumption monitoring, LED urban lighting.
- Offering solutions to the plan of modernizing the center of Command and Control C5 of Mexico City.
To cover the expenses of arranging the visit to Mexico, Business Finland will charge a participation fee as follows:
- Micro Businesses and SMEs: EUR 1600 + 24% VAT per person
- Major Companies: EUR 1850 + 24% VAT per person
Business Finland will invoice the participation fee after the visit based on the actual costs. The invoiced fee will not exceed the amounts mentioned above.