We invite you to join a webinar organized by Business Finland’s Developing Markets Platform together with the Ministry for Foreign Affairs and the UN Secretariat (Department of Operational Support (DOS) with Office of Supply Chain Management) on 25 March, 2021 at 15:00 - 17:30. The aim of this webinar is to provide the UN Secretariat with information on the Finnish offerings and to inform Finnish companies about the basics of UN Procurement.
During this event you will learn about the business opportunities that the UN Secretariat /DOS can offer, and have the opportunity to join small group meetings with the procurement officers related to the following commodities:
• Observation towers
• Perimeters (including gates and barriers)
• Storage for weapons/ammunition/explosives
• Shelter and overhead/ blast protection
Logistics & Transport:
• Aviation – Air Operators for both fixed wing and rotary wing aircraft
• Freight Forwarding – Vendors for Movement of Contingent Owned Equipment
• Vehicles - Hybrid electric vehicle manufacturers/authorized agents
Water & Energy:
• Wastewater treatment and water
• Solar Power/energy solutions
Please note that the group meetings are limited and will be filled on a first come – first served basis.
Finnish companies that are interested in collaborating with the United Nations with offerings in the following categories: Physical security, Logistics & Transport and Water & Energy. The companies should have willingness and possibility to engage in challenging developing markets and pursue business with impacts. The United Nations is encouraging especially women-owned businesses to attend this webinar.
This webinar provides a great opportunity for learning about current and future needs, as well as challenges of the UN and the latest solutions in use. The seminar will also increase UN’s understanding of the Finnish solutions available.