Chile´s competitiveness in renewable energy production and the global need for clean energy carriers has opened possibilities to creation of a new economic sector in the country. Join us for this webinar on 8 March at 15:00 - 16:30 EET to hear about the current state of Green Hydrogen, what opportunities it offers for Finnish companies. Also results of a market study on energy transition in Chile with a specific focus on green hydrogen will be released.
In 2020, the Chilean government announced the National Green Hydrogen Strategy that proposes a path and establishes the goals that would help the country become one of the world's major hydrogen players. It is estimated that by 2050, 160 million tons of green hydrogen per year could be produced, considering both export and use at the national level, representing a market size of 33 billion USD, similar to what copper represents for Chile today.
The key findings of the market study highlight the challenges that Chile faces in the development of the national green hydrogen industry, the contribution that is needed, and opportunities for Finnish green hydrogen technology suppliers, universities and other stakeholders.
The webinar will cover following topics:
- General overview on energy transition in Chile
- National Green Hydrogen targets and goals
- Current Green Hydrogen initiatives
- Green Hydrogen production and potential consumption in Chile
- Key findings in Green Hydrogen development based on sector-expert and company interviews
- Business opportunities for Finnish stakeholders