Welcome to the USA coaching day to hear about the opportunities awaiting Finnish food & beverage companies in this market!
Food From Finland is arranging a half-day coaching day to give an overview of the USA market as well as the challenges, regulatory information, and valuable information regarding the market entry process. The coaching is led by Mr. Harout Nazerian and Mr. Mike Wang, the founders of Next Etch Consulting Group, headquartered in California.
There is an opportunity for participating companies to have individual meetings with US professionals. However, the meetings will be prioritized mainly to companies, which will have the best option to launch their products to the US market. Please indicate your interest for individual meeting when registering yourself to this event. There is a limited amount of meeting slots and background information of the company is required for the meeting. The instructions for filling out the background information form will be sent out to those who are interested in having the meeting.
- The U.S. boasts the world's largest economy, with a gross domestic product of over 20 trillion USD
- Home to over 300 million people from a diverse range of backgrounds, the American population displays an equally broad set of preferences and behaviors
- With an increasing amount of focus, American consumers look to food and beverage as a way to enhance their lives
- All of this contributes to a robust food and beverage industry that is ready and waiting for exciting new products
Contents of the training
9:30 Coffee and registration
10-12 Training session
- US Country Overview o Business & Personal Cultural Norms
- Demographics & Psychographics Overview
- US Consumer Behaviour and Lifestyle Trends
- Age Groups
- US Food & Beverage Market Analysis
- Latest Trends o Main Sales Channels
- Main Distribution Channels & Value Chain Economics
- Food & Beverage Import Regulation Overview
- Product Labeling Requirements
- FSMA (Food Safety Modernization Act)
- Market Entry Process
- Consumer Value Proposition Development
- Building Awareness
- Typical Challenges to Consider
- Finnish Food in USA
- What not to do in the USA…
- How to approach Buyers with sales pitches?
The role of Finnish Food Authority in food export to USA - Karolina Östman, Ruokavirasto
12-13 Lunch break (at your own cost)
13 -> One-to-one meetings (20 min)
- Specific one-to-one meeting sessions to discuss workshop topics on a more company-specific level