Olemme keränneet yhteen Suomen matkailuelinkeinoa varten ajankohtaista tietoa, tilastoja ja muuta hyödyllistä materiaalia Intiasta matkailumarkkinana.
International air travel to remain suspended till September 30. International scheduled flights have been allowed on selected routes by the competent authority on a case-to-case basis.
1. India has created transport bubbles with USA, France and Germany. In addition to Indian carriers, the carriers from these countries are now permitted to operate services between India and their respective countries.
2. India has also created air travel arrangements with the United Kingdom and Canada. In addition to Indian carriers, the carriers from these countries are now permitted to operate services between India and their respective countries.
3. India has also created a transport bubble with the United Arab Emirates (UAE). This bubble is valid till 31.10.2020. As per the arrangement, both Indian and UAE carriers will be permitted to operate flights between India and UAE.
4. India has also created a transport bubble with the State of Qatar. This bubble is valid till 31.10.2020. As per the arrangement, both Indian carriers and Qatar Airways will be permitted to operate flights between India and Qatar.
5. India has also created a transport bubble with Maldives. As per the arrangement, both Indian carriers and Maldivian carriers will be permitted to operate flights between India and Maldives.
6. Under the new arrangements, airlines including Air India, United Airlines, Air France and Lufthansa among other air carriers will operate to and from their respective countries.
7. Certain countries like Dubai & Maldives have allowed tourists to fly into country with certain restrictions. However, majority of flights are still bringing out stranded Indian citizens, OCI card holders & diplomats. If the country has not allowed tourist visa, Indian nationals cannot fly to these countries.
8. After successfully establishing air bubbles with USA, UK, France, Germany, UAE, Qatar and Maldives, the Indian government is in the process of establishing such arrangements with 13 more countries. Union Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri said negotiations are underway with Australia, Italy, Japan, New Zealand, Nigeria, Bahrain, Israel, Kenya, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, South Korea & Thailand to allow bilateral flight operations.
9. Air bubbles have also been proposed with our neighbours Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Nepal and Bhutan.
1. All travelers should submit self-declaration form on the online portal
(www.newdelhiairport.in) at least 72 hours before the scheduled travel.
2. They should also give an undertaking on the portal that they would undergo mandatory
quarantine for 14 days i.e. 7 days paid institutional quarantine at their own cost, followed by 7 days isolation at home with self-monitoring of health.
3. Only for compelling reasons/cases of human distress such as pregnancy, death in family,
serious illness and parent(s) with children of the age of 10 years or below, home quarantine
may be permitted for 14 days.
4. If they wish to seek exemption they shall apply to the online portal (www.newdelhiairport.in) at least 72 hours before boarding. The decision taken by the government as communicated on the online portal will be final.
5. Travelers may also seek exemption from institutional quarantine by submitting a negative RTPCR test report on arrival. This test should have been conducted within 96 hrs prior to undertaking the journey. The test report should be uploaded on the portal for consideration. Each passenger shall also submit a declaration with respect to authenticity of the report and will be liable for criminal prosecution, if found otherwise. The test report could also be produced upon arrival at the point of entry airport in India.
India has started creating "air bubbles" with countries to ensure eligible people can continue to travel direct to and from there on airlines of both sides, till resumption of regular schedule flights in a post-pandemic world.
There is no air bubble with Finland in discussion at the moment.
Consumers are eager & looking forward to International travel as soon as the restrictions are removed and the situation is safe. We are currently in Unlock 4 wherein domestic travel has been allowed and the inter state restrictions have been reduced/removed & the boom for domestic travel has already started wherein people in metros like Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore & Chennai are preferring to take drivecations to resorts/ hotels close by.
The Indian economy contracted by 23.9 percent in the second quarter, the most drastic fall in decades, as lockdown restrictions meant to contain the spread of the coronavirus wiped out jobs and businesses.
Intelligent Luxury Travel will be the norm - Rare, New, Unique, Sustainable. Property Buy Outs will be preferred by the HNI & UHNI Indian Clients. Millenials will become champions of experiential travel as they are tech savvy, digital nomads & social media addicts and willing to share their travel experiences, recommendations with others. Tick the Travel Bucket List - YOLO Life "You Only Live Once" Staycations Microcations will get big (Shorter Vacations in One country) Green hotels check in.
India’s wealthy are still planning their travels—and they’re taking to private jets. Private jet and charter companies witness a spike in interest from Indian families wanting to fly to luxe hotels in Maldives and Rajasthan, wellness retreats in Kerala, and safari camps in Africa.
Segments that will start traveling first are Luxury Segment (Intimate HNI family/ friend groups). VFR- Visiting Friends & Relatives, Millenials , Young and fearless travellers, tempted by great value propositions and a strong push back by customers who have been “boxed-in” for months in their homes and are yearning to break free.
Currently cases are on a rise in India. International travel may resume to Finland only by Q4 if a travel bubble is developed between both the countries & Finnair Flights start & Governments remove the quarantine restrictions. Winter 2020-2021: Yes it is still possible if Finland will open its borders and allow Indians. Luxury Travel (Small intimate family groups looking at isolated holidays focusing on experiences) as a segment is expected to generate business.
USPs: Safe & secure country with pure Nature, Not overcrowded, Limited Corona Exposure, Unique Bucket List experiences - Santa Claus, Northern Lights, Staying in Igloos, Crossing Arctic Cirle etc.
Indian Agents have been allowed now to book Vande Bharat Mission Flights. Thomas Cook (India) Ltd., India’s leading integrated travel services company along with its Group Company SOTC Travel Ltd., have launched Private Journeys: premium, chauffeured van tours, strategically designed for smaller groups of family, extended family or friends. Thomas Cook India to take over DNATA Travels TMC Business in India.