Welcome to the launch event of Business Finland’s new program – Data Economy! The event will be held in Helsinki, Finland on Tuesday May 9, 2023.
What does data economy mean for your business? How to renew and design your business around data, how to extract value from data, how to leverage the power of data sharing in your network? We will address these and many more questions with our exciting lineup of speakers and peer learning with networking amongst colleagues across different verticals. Come and discuss with the experts on how Business Finland sees Data Economy and what we are doing to support you to achieve your goals with data!
The objective of the Data Economy program is to encourage Finnish companies to develop international business based on the utilization and sharing of data. The program has now started and will continue until the end of 2027. The Data Economy program aims to accelerate challenging development projects related to the data economy with up to 135 million euros.
12:00 Registration, coffee, and networking
Tomi Korhonen, Head of PR and Media, Business Finland
Ilona Lundström, Director General of the Innovations and Enterprise Financing Department at the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment
The link between productivity, economic growth and data economy
Robin Gustafsson, Associate Professor of Strategic Management
Aalto University, Department of Industrial Engineering and Management
Robin Gustafsson is associate professor of strategic management at Aalto University. His research focus is on strategy and policy in the age of the digital, data, AI, and platform enabled economy. Robin has co-hosted the Alustatalouden faktat ja myytit podcast for three seasons. He has published in a wide range of top tier journals and is an experienced executive educator and strategy facilitator. He is currently leading the In2Missions research project on informational infrastructures for accelerating mission-oriented policy (In2Mission) and the Visentools R2B-project.
Will the data economy drive international growth and productivity for Finland?
Mark Selby, Visiting professor
University of Surrey, Guildford, United Kingdom
Mark Selby is a seasoned business executive and visiting professor at the University of Surrey in United Kingdom. Mark is an international speaker and recognized thought leader who talks about working methods, transportation, circular economy, economic development, and development. Mark brings a life-long business operational experience ennobled at the frontlines with Xerox, IMG Media, Nokia to name a few.
Are you data economy ready?
Jennifer Belissent, Data Strategist
Snowflake Inc., Bozeman, Montana, United States of America
Jennifer Belissent recently joined Snowflake as Principal Data Strategist. Jennifer spent the past 12 years at Forrester Research as an internationally recognized expert in data leadership and literacy; best practices in building CoEs; data sharing and the data economy; and data-for-good. Jennifer is widely published and a frequent speaker at business, academic and government events.
Board professional, chair of Roadmap for a Fair Data Economy steering committee coordinated by Sitra
Director General of the Innovations and Enterprise Financing Department at the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment
Head of Data Economy program, Business Finland
15:15 Data Economy Ecosystem Pitches followed by Networking Plaza, your unique opportunity to hear from and network with leading data driven value networks, including;
1. Data Intensive Economy – collaboration projects, led by VTT
2. Data Spaces Support Centre – a Digital Europe program project, led by VTT and others
3. Fair Data Economy, led by Sitra
4. FAMN – Finnish Advanced Manufacturing Network, led by DIMECC, together with;
SW4E – Software Engineering Ecosystem for Efficiency, Excellence, Experiments
VAMOS – Autonomous Mobility In Smart Spaces
5. Food Data Finland, led by GS1 Finland Oy
6. Nokia DataMust, led by Nokia Oyj
7. Open Creative Ecosystem, led by Family in Music Oy
8. Open Smart Manufacturing Ecosystems, led by Wärtsilä, together with its partners, and initiated by MEX Finland
9. Platform of Trust by Vastuu group, the trustworthy and sustainable Data Exchange
10. Profitable business from collaborative data, led by DataSpace Europe Oy
11. Real-Time Economy, led by Finnish Patent and Registration Office, State Treasury, Finnish Tax Administration and Statistics Finland with Digital and Population Data Services Agency
12. Seamless and Secure Connectivity, led by Bittium Oyj
13. SIX Mobile Work Machines, led by Sandvik and Ponsse Oyj
14. The Flow of Urban Life, led by KONE Oyj
15. Tietoevry Trusted Digital Societies programme, led by Tietoevry
16. Traffic Data Ecosystem, led by Fintraffic
17. Virtual Finland – World's first cross-border dataspace, led by IOXIO for the Foreign Ministry of Finland
18. Zero4, led by Konecranes Oyj
16:15 Networking with a light dinner and refreshments
19:00 Event ends
Please note that the program is subject to changes.