The Global Access Program market entry plan is done by experienced business professionals who are completing their MBA degree simultaneously at UCLA Anderson School of Management.
During the intensive six month work period your company gets an individually tailored market entry plan from their assigned MBA team. The team members also act as consultants in this process.
During the program (July to December) the company will work together with the team to execute:
- Feasibility analysis for business operations
- Market analysis and a marketing strategy
- Business plan (including focus points, networking)
- Method for monitoring and follow-up of aforementioned factors
In order for the program to achieve its goal, companies must have close-knit and open communication with their MBA team. The process will be supervised and coordinated by staff from the Anderson School of Management.
Funding for participation costs
- You can apply for a grant (de minimis) for the participation costs of the program. For small companies under 5 years old, the grant covers 75% of the participation costs. For SMEs and midcap companies over 5 years old, the grant covers 50% of the costs.
- Once your company has been accepted into the program, send a funding application in Business Finland’s online service
- The name of the financial service is "Accelerators and preparations for international projects"
- On the application tab "Basic application information" there is a drop-down menu under "Programs and other interfaces". Select the item "GAP Global Access Program (USA)"
Participation costs can be included as part of an ongoing R&D project or Young Innovative Company (NIY) project.
Global Access Program requirements
- Business operations based on an innovative product concept
- Independent company or a unit of a larger corporation
- Enough technological expertise
- Concept that provides a sustainable competitive edge
- Paying clientele
- Sufficient funding and/or positive cash flow for the following 1 to 2 years
- English website
GAP starts annually in July and ends early December. Your company can apply for GAP program yearly by April 1st. Before the program application deadline representatives from UCLA and Business Finland will arrange interviews for interest applicant companies in February-March.
Over 260 Finnish companies have participated the Global Access Program since 1999. See all Finnish GAP companies here (pdf).
Companies say about Global Access Program