Call has ended!
We are looking for research topics proposals for the development of innovation policy and innovation environment.
The topics of the 2023 Innovation and Growth call include:
- How can Finland boost internationalization, renewal, and productivity in private service sectors – such as in information-intensive services? How can new technological tools and digitalization be utilized in this development?
- How investments in intellectual capital will change work and competition and restructure the economy?
- How can we achieve innovation and growth in creative sectors, and how can we build ecosystems, networks, and value chains in these sectors?
- How can innovation policy measures help Finnish companies innovate, renew their operations, and internationalize?
Business Finland will select the best ideas from among those submitted and encourage environment their presenters to proceed to the funding application phase. The funding call has three themes (private service sectors, creative sectors and intangible capital as accelerator of renewal), and the aim is to fund at least one project based on each theme. The research groups are expected to work closely with the parties that will take advantage of their results.
The research idea project must
- comply with the themes and objectives (pdf) of the funding call
- have a multidisciplinary vision
- engage in genuine and close international cooperation with top researchers (describe the methods of cooperation)
- build various types of interactive forums (and describe how they can be used), which enable the theme to be addressed in cooperation with companies, researchers, and innovation policy developers and implementers. The interaction is described in the “Utilization Roadmap”. You should also reserve personnel resources for implementing the interaction.
- This is a funding call involving pitching.
- A maximum of 12 research ideas will be selected for the pitching. Up to five of these research groups will be asked to submit the actual application.
- The pitching round will take place during weeks 12–13 (March 20 to March 31, 2023).
- Up to 4 projects will be funded in the call.
Research funding volume and who can apply
- •Business Finland prepares to finance up to EUR 2 million in 2023
- See the definition of a research organization, page 24, paragraph 83.
- Corporate financing not necessary
- The maximum recommended project duration is two years