A more diverse and intelligent use of health data, the utilization of digitalization and new technologies, and a shift in the focus of healthcare to foresight and prevention are seen as key roles in seeking solutions to improve the carrying capacity of health care sector.
The research call seeks interdisciplinary projects that create new knowledge for the development of new, cost-effective and effective solutions. Various experts are also invited to participate in the projects, such as clinicians or other health care personnel. In addition, research projects must have at least three (3) companies funding the project that aim for internationalization with their solutions.
Projects and their funding criteria
Co-Research projects may be funded in the funding call. The Co-Research projects must be planned in close cooperation with companies, and their steering groups must involve representatives from several companies that could utilize the results. The companies must also contribute to the financing of the public research in total by at least ten (10) percent of the overall public research budget. Otherwise, the funding is subject to Business Finland’s normal Co-Research funding criteria. In addition, the projects must involve international cooperation.
Evaluation of applications:
- Project compatibility with a focus area of the call
- Credibility and feasibility of the applicant(s) and the draft plan
- Potential business benefits of the research results for Finnish companies in the long run
- Engagement and interest/commitment of enterprises
Read more about Co-Research funding service
Review the general terms and conditions for funding public research
Research call schedule and budget
- Call for research is now open. The information session was organized on January 17th, 2024 at 10-10:30 in Teams.
We require discussion with Business Finland before submitting applications. The discussion time can be booked from the link below.
- Funding applications must be submitted by 27.3.2024 through Business Finland's online service
- Business Finland estimates that 4 MEUR will be allocated for this research call. Research projects compete for funding with research projects in other programmes. In this call, you can also suggest topics that are relevant not only to the topics of this call, but also to the roadmaps of Veturi companies' ecosystems. Projects combining the ecosystems of leading companies and this programme can expand Business Finland's funding opportunities. Explore the funding of leading companies and ecosystems.