Business Finland, in cooperation with the Istanbul-based research and consultancy company BKP Research&Consulting, is organizing a webinar targeting opportunities for Finnish companies in the Turkish manufacturing industry.
The manufacturing industry in Tûrkiye constitutes 18% of the country's GDP with 5.5 million people working in the industry. The main driver leading the market is the pressure to sustain the international competitiveness of the Turkish manufacturing.
Apart from export opportunities in the manufacturing sector, Tûrkiye has become very relevant from the perspective of management of supply chains for improved resilience. A strong manufacturing industry has made the Turkish market an important hub on the map of global industry value chains. There are also diverse opportunities that can be explored in R&D collaboration between Finnish and Turkish companies and research institutions.
During the webinar, BKP Research&Consulting will present the opportunities in Turkish market both from export angle as well as supply chain management angle.
In order to showcase use cases around smart manufacturing in Turkish manufacturing there will be two industry representatives, as follows:
- Anadolu Isuzu: well-known company operating in the commercial vehicle segment of the automotive sector
- EVAS: leading company specialized in manufacturing of steel LPG cylinders.
In addition, R&D collaboration possibilities will be elaborated by TUBITAK, the leading agency for management, funding and conduct of research in Turkey.
This webinar will be followed-up by a short survey of the participating companies. Based on the results of the survey a series of virtual B2B meetings will be co-organized by Business Finland and BKP Research&Consulting for the interested Finnish companies. These will give Finnish providers the opportunity to speak in depth to the potential clients and stakeholders.
- 10:15 Welcome and introduction – Toni Mattila, Head of Sustainable Manufacturing, Business Finland
- 10:20 Smart manufacturing business opportunities in Turkey and competitive position of Tûrkiye in the manufacturing industry for Finnish exporting companies – Deniz Kabaagac, Managing Partner & Belgin Kirilibal, Analyst - BKP Research&Consulting (https://www.bkpconsulting.com/ )
- 10:45 Q&A
- 10:55 Bora Izmirlioglu, Investment and Project Manager, Anadolu Isuzu (https://www.anadoluisuzu.com.tr/en)
- 11:10 Onat Kerse, Information Technology Manager, EVAS (https://www.evas.com.tr/ )
- 11:25 Q&A
- 11:35 Elif Dogan Arslan, Program Coordinator, TUBITAK (https://www.tubitak.gov.tr/en )
- 11:50 Q&A
- 12:00 Wrap up and next steps – Pelin Gokcek, Senior Advisor, Business Finland
- 12:05 End of the webinar
Why to participate in this event?
- In Tûrkiye, there is a diversified and strong manufacturing base that will tremendously benefit from transition to smart manufacturing
- Pre-pandemic research estimated 2-4 billion USD investment in the next 10 years to incorporate advanced manufacturing technologies into the production process in Tûrkiye.
- Almost half of the top manufacturing companies are now planning to invest in advanced manufacturing solutions within the next 1-2 years in order to optimize their production processes.
- With the support of public organizations and associations such as TUBITAK, KOSGEB, TUSIAD and MESS, the leading industrial corporations are focusing on smart manufacturing to increase efficiency and effectiveness, leading ultimately to a decrease in costs.
- The Turkish manufacturing industry is eager to integrate to global value chains. The industries highly integrated to global value chains are automotive, electrical equipment and apparel, but also chemical, machinery and equipment, food and beverage and base metal processing play an important role.
- Tûrkiye is at the center of the European, Middle East, and Eurasian triangle, a major asset from which the country capitalizes through strong air connections and road networks.
Who should participate in this event?
Finnish suppliers of technologies and services around:
- Smart factory applications and smart warehousing
- Smart supply chain
- Product tracking
- Manufacturing equipment monitoring
- Personnel tracking
- IoT platforms
- Data driven automation/robotics
- IoT Connectivity
- Data visualization
- IoT/AI integrators
- Sensors& IoT devices
- Digital twin simulation, AR/VR
- Predictive maintenance
The webinar will be held in English on MS Teams. Participation is free if charge but requires registration.