Plastic Recycling Transformation in Ghana, World Circular Economy Forum Side Event 13.12.2022.
Partnerships are the key to sustainable growth in any economy while innovation and growth are synonymous to creating opportunities for future markets and economic prosperity. We are proud to present World Circular Economy Forum’s official side event: Plastic Recycling Transformation in Ghana on Tuesday 13th of December 2022 at Labadi Beach Hotel, Accra, Ghana. This event is hosted by Bio and Circular Program Finland, Business Finland
The event will focus on finding similarities and exploring collaborative economic pathways in the promotion of circular economy between both countries. The program will feature exhibitions, presentations and stimulating conversations on plastic recycling and related businesses. The local representatives in co-operation from Ghana are Plastic Recycling and Aggregators of Ghana and Plastic Manufacturers Association of Ghana.
- 8.30 – Registration & Coffee/Tea
- 9.30 - Welcome/Opening Remarks – Ambassador of Finland to Ghana, H.E. Leena Pylvänäinen
- 9.35 – Bi-lateral Collaboration in Plastic Recycling – Deputy Chief Executive, Ghana Investment Promotion Council, Mr. Yaw Amoateng Afriyie
- 9.45 - Introducing “Business Opportunities in Plastic Recycling in Ghana” study – Managing Director, MyCompany365 Ltd, Mr. Deji Akinade
- 10.15 Introduction of Ghanaian companies in Plastic Recycling
- 11.00 Introduction of Finnish companies in Plastic Recycling – Trade Commissioner, West Africa, Business Finland, Mr. Olu Raheem - Block Solutions, RiverRecycle and Clewat.
- 11.45 Introduction of Developing Market Platform – Head, Developing Market Platform, Business Finland, Mr. Christopher Palmberg
- 11.55 Introduction of Finnfund & Finnpartnership – Programme Officer, Finnpartnership, Finnfund, Mr. Eelis Hemberg
- 12.00 Vote of thanks – Ambassador of Finland to Ghana, H.E. Leena Pylvänäinen
- 12.05 Networking
- 12.30 Lunch