In December 2022, IDB Invest, a member of the Inter-American Development Bank Group (IDB Group), and Finland announced the establishment of the Finland-LAC Blended Finance Climate Fund to finance private sector climate mitigation and adaptation projects in Latin America and Caribbean. The Fund inscribes itself in a growing partnership between the IDB Group and Finland and opens new opportunities for Finnish companies and stakeholders.
This webinar will present IDB Invest activities in climate change; provide an overview of the Blended Finance Climate Fund and its operational functioning; and present current and future potential opportunities for Finnish companies in terms of technology solutions procurement and advisory services, among others.
The IDB is devoted to improving lives. Established in 1959, the IDB is a leading source of long-term financing for economic, social, and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean.
IDB Invest, a member of the IDB Group, is committed to promoting the economic development of its member countries in Latin America and the Caribbean through the private sector. IDB Invest finances sustainable companies and projects to achieve financial results and maximize economic, social, and environmental development in the region.
15:00/ 8:00 Opening Remarks
- Ms. Emmi Oikari, Director, Unit for Development Finance and Private Sector Co-Operation, Ministry for Foreign Affairs
- Ms. Fazia Pusterla, IDB Representative in Europe
15:10/ 8:10 IDB Invest activities
- Mr. Ricardo de Vecchi, Head of Infrastructure Advisory, IDB Invest
Overview about IDB Invest activities in Climate Change: Past experiences, current operations, and future perspective for the next 5 years. Overview of interesting solutions to tackle climate change challenges
15:25/ 8:25 Blended Finance Climate Fund
- Ms. Pilar Carvajo, Investment Management Officer, Blended Finance, IDB Invest
Presentation of the Finland-LAC Blended Finance Climate Fund: Overview of its objectives, its sectorial and geographic scope, and operational functioning (what projects the Fund can finance, how to prepare and present a project for financing).
15:40/8:40 Potential Opportunities for Finnish Companies
- Advisory Services & Industry Teams, IDB Invest
Overview of opportunities for Finnish Companies within the framework of IDB Invest operations: Procurement of technology solutions for projects, provision of advisory services and consulting.
15:55/8:55 Q&A session
16:10/9:10 Closing Remarks
- Ms. Heidi Virta, Sr Director & Head of Region Latin America, Business Finland
Finnish companies and stakeholders active in in Latin American and the Caribbean, including potential technology providers for climate change solutions, potential financial partners, and advisory/consulting providers.
- To highlight priority business opportunities for Finnish companies related to IDB Invest operations and the new Finland-LAC Blended Finance Climate Fund;
- To present IDB Invest activities in Climate Change and to present the Finland-LAC Blended Finance Climate Fund to Finnish companies and stakeholders;
- To provide advice to Finnish companies and stakeholders on how to best approach opportunities derived from IDB operations, including the preparation and presentation of projects for financing by the Finland-LAC Blended Finance Climate Fund;
- To showcase the partnership between the IDB Group and Finland and the common work for development in Latin America and the Caribbean.