The Team Finland network in Brazil would like to invite Finnish defence and security firms interested in Latin America’s largest economy to attend our virtual event on January 12, 2023. Our main goal is to discuss both LAAD Defence and Security, a leading defence and security trade fair and exhibition, and our Finland Pavilion project.
- Initial words, Ambassador Johanna Karanko (Ministry for Foreign Affairs) – 5 min
- Initial words, Secretary-General Tuija Karanko (Association of Finnish Defence and Aerospace Industries) – 5 min
- Brazil-Finland collaboration in defence and security, Kimmo Aura (Ministry for Foreign Affairs) – 15 min
- Trends, opportunities, and technology needs in Brazil, Joao Bordon (Business Finland) – 15 min
- Call to action, Heidi Virta (Business Finland) – 15 min
- Practicalities, Business Finland Delegations Team – 10 min
- Q&A session – 15 min
About LAAD Defence and Security
- LAAD is the largest and most important trade fair and exhibition of its type in the region. Held every two years, the event brings together key stakeholders from the defence industry.
- The next edition will take place in Rio de Janeiro (RJ), Brazil, on April 11-14, 2023, and is expected to be the largest one in many years, after the COVID-19 outbreak.
- The last edition had over 130 official delegations and 450 private firms showcasing their expertise and technology solutions.
- Brazil is the largest military spender in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) and counts on an ambitious project portfolio to modernize its Armed Forces.
- Finland and Brazil have had a memorandum of understanding (MoU) on defence since 2015 and, last year, signed new agreements on 5G, critical communications, and cyber security.
- A growing number of Finnish companies has been discussing opportunities for collaboration with Brazil’s Defence Industrial and Technology Base (BID).
Finnish aerospace, defence, security, and space companies specializing, among others, in the following segments: land, naval, new space economy, situational awareness, mission critical communications, and cyber security.