The Team Finland network in USA would like to invite Finnish companies interested in the US, and in particular, the LA market and cleantech opportunities to attend our webinar on March 29, 2023. This webinar will present recent market research related to the commercial opportunities around the Los Angles Green New Deal specifically related to the fields of mobility/transit and renewable energy.
Previous market research exists around LA Green New Deal & Built Environment for Finnish companies (please reach out if you’d like more information), and the research presented in this webinar is a deeper dive into the stakeholders, budgets, and upcoming relevant projects in LA that Finnish companies can tap into. Additionally, a delegation visit to LA around the LA Green New Deal is planned for Finnish companies May 9-11, 2023. Read more.
- Opening words, Finland’s Consulate General in LA, Mr. Okko-Pekka Salmimies
- Introduction to LA & Business Finland, Head of Business Finland Decarbonized Cities Program, Ms. Outi Suomi
- Summary of latest market research around Finnish opportunities & Los Angeles Green New Deal, specifically related to mobility/transit and renewable energy – Mr. Jukka Matikainen, Nordic Trading House
- Additional LA Green New Deal research, and upcoming delegation, Ms. Jennifer Tarkiainen, Business Finland
- Q&A session
About Los Angeles green new deal
- Created in 2015, the Los Angeles Green New Deal outlines an ambitious plan for LA to fight climate change in key areas.
- The city of Los Angeles (approx. 3.8 million residents in city, and 10.2 million in county, with an LA county GDP of $707 billion) continues to pioneer climate change action planning in the US.
- The city of LA has an annual budget of over 11.8 billion USD, and climate fighting initiatives are further funded by private, state, and federal funding sources.
- LA has the Los Angles Green New Deal plan, budget, and interest to work with Finland to meet their emission reduction targets faster with Finnish solutions.
- Finland is the only Nordic country with a Consulate in LA.
- A growing number of Finnish companies has been discussing opportunities for collaboration with the city of LA around the Los Angles Green New Deal.
Finnish companies related to mobility & transit in general, and also related to the planning & electrification of transit, EV infrastructure and supporting services, and AV.
Finnish companies related to renewable energy, namely smart energy, smart grids and renewable fuels, but also solar, wind and hydrogen.
Attendance to the webinar is free of charge, however, it requires a registration via the link on the left.
A Teams link will be sent to the registered online participants one day prior to the meeting.