A path to global markets
Business Finland offers Finnish companies a unified customer journey for innovation activities, internationalization, investments, and tourism promotion.
Business Finland is an accelerator of global growth. We create new growth by helping businesses go global and by supporting and funding innovations. Our top experts and the latest research data enable companies to seize market opportunities and turn them into success stories.
Business Finland was created on 1st January 2018 by the merger of two organizations: Finpro, which offered services for internationalization, investments and tourism promotion, and Tekes, which offered funding for innovation activities. We aim to develop Finland to be the most attractive and competitive innovation environment in which companies are able to grow, change, and succeed.
Our strategy is two-fold: we enable companies to grow internationally and also create world-class business ecosystems and a competitive business environment for Finland.
Business Finland employs 600 experts in 40 offices overseas and in 20 regional offices around Finland. Business Finland is part of the Team Finland network.
Business Finland's Director General is Pekka Soini.
The Management Team
- Pekka Soini, Director General, DG's Office
- Ari Grönroos, Funding Services and Finance
- Reijo Kangas, Growth Companies
- Kalle Kivekäs, BF LAB
- Teija Lahti-Nuuttila, Ecosystems
- Risto Vuohelainen, Global Network
- Laura Ylä-Sulkava, Talent and Administration
- Antti Aumo, Invest In
- Marjo Ilmari, Startup Development
- Hannu Kemppainen, Strategic Performance Management
- Tomi Korhonen, Communications
- Pekka Sivonen, Digital Transformation of Finnish Industries
- Paavo Virkkunen, Tourism/Visit Finland
Business Finland Board of Directors
The members of the Business Finland Board of Directors are
- Chairman – Pertti Korhonen, Professional Board Member
- Vice-Chairman – Petri Peltonen, Undersecretary of State, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment
- Timo Ahopelto, Venture Capitalist, Lifeline Ventures
- Elina Björklund, CEO, Reima Oy
- Markku Keinänen, Undersecretary of State, Ministry for Foreign Affairs
- Miia Porkkala, Chairman of the Board, Aho Group Oy
- Leena Vestala, Director General, ELY Center
Business Finlandin logos, headquarters, management members:
Business Finland's Code of Conduct applies to every member of Business Finland's personnel, irrespective of the type and duration of their employment or assignment. Business Finland's contractual partners are also obliged to adhere to these principles in their operations related to the contractual relationship.