A path to global markets
Business Finland offers Finnish companies a unified customer journey for innovation activities, internationalization, investments, and tourism promotion.
Business Finland is the Finnish government organization for innovation funding and trade, travel and investment promotion. Business Finland's 600 experts work in 40 offices globally and in 16 regional offices around Finland. Business Finland is part of the Team Finland network.
Business Finland is an accelerator of global growth. We create new growth by helping businesses go global and by supporting and funding innovations. Our top experts and the latest research data enable companies to seize market opportunities and turn them into success stories.
Business Finland was created on 1st January 2018 by the merger of two organizations: Finpro, which offered services for internationalization, investments and tourism promotion, and Tekes, which offered funding for innovation activities. We aim to develop Finland to be the most attractive and competitive innovation environment in which companies are able to grow, change, and succeed.
Our strategy is two-fold: we enable companies to grow internationally and also create world-class business ecosystems and a competitive business environment for Finland.
Personnel in Finland and globally
Business Finland's Director General is Nina Kopola.
The Management Team
- Nina Kopola, Director General
- Antti Aumo, Executive Director, Invest in Finland
- Ari Grönroos, Executive Director, Funding Services and Finance
- Reijo Kangas, Executive Director, Growth Companies
- Hannu Kemppainen, Executive Director, Strategic Performance Management
- Kalle Kivekäs, Executive Director, BF Lab
- Teija Lahti-Nuuttila, Executive Director, Ecosystems
- Paavo Virkkunen, Executive Director, Visit Finland
- Risto Vuohelainen, Global Network
- Laura Ylä-Sulkava, Talent and Administration
Business Finland Board of Directors
The members of the Business Finland Board of Directors are
- Chairman – Pertti Korhonen, Professional Board Member
- Vice-Chairman – Petri Peltonen, Undersecretary of State, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment
- Juha Ala-Mursula, Director, BusinessOulu
- Elina Björklund, CEO, Reima Oy
- Sami Lampinen, CEO, Inventure Oy
- Miia Porkkala, Chairman of the Board, Aho Group Oy
- Nina Vaskunlahti, Under Secretary of State, Ministry for Foreign Affairs
Business Finland's logos, headquarters, management members:
Business Finland's Code of Conduct applies to every member of Business Finland's personnel, irrespective of the type and duration of their employment or assignment. Business Finland's contractual partners are also obliged to adhere to these principles in their operations related to the contractual relationship.