A path to global markets
Business Finland offers Finnish companies a unified customer journey for innovation activities, internationalization, investments, and tourism promotion.
Business Finland is an accelerator of global growth. We create new growth by helping businesses go global and by supporting and funding innovations. Our top experts and the latest research data enable companies to seize market opportunities and turn them into success stories.
Business Finland was created on 1st January 2018 by the merger of two organizations: Finpro, which offered services for internationalization, investments and tourism promotion, and Tekes, which offered funding for innovation activities. We aim to develop Finland to be the most attractive and competitive innovation environment in which companies are able to grow, change, and succeed.
Our strategy is two-fold: we enable companies to grow internationally and also create world-class business ecosystems and a competitive business environment for Finland.
Business Finland employs 600 experts in 40 offices overseas and in 20 regional offices around Finland. Business Finland is part of the Team Finland network.
Business Finland's Director General is Pekka Soini.
The Management Team
- Pekka Soini
- Ari Grönroos
- Reijo Kangas
- Kalle Kivekäs
- Teija Lahti-Nuuttila
- Risto Vuohelainen
- Laura Ylä-Sulkava
- Antti Aumo
- Marjo Ilmari
- Hannu Kemppainen
- Tomi Korhonen
- Pekka Sivonen
- Paavo Virkkunen
Business Finland Board of Directors
The members of the Business Finland Board of Directors are
- Chairman – Pertti Korhonen, Professional Board Member
- Vice-Chairman – Petri Peltonen, Undersecretary of State, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment
- Timo Ahopelto, Venture Capitalist, Lifeline Ventures
- Katja Keitaanniemi, EVP, SMEs, Finnvera Oyj
- Leena Vestala, Director General, ELY Center
- Miia Porkkala, Chairman of the Board, Aho Group Oy
- Markku Keinänen, Undersecretary of State, Ministry for Foreign Affairs
- Business Finlandin logos, headquarters, management members