Solutions for global development challenges
Developing Markets Platform (previously BEAM Program) helps Finnish companies and their partners develop sustainable business and access global funding in developing markets.
Interested in developing markets? Sign up for our newsletter and stay informed about new opportunities in developing markets. Our newsletter subscribers also hear about our services and events.
Developing markets throughout Africa and Asia continue to grow much faster than traditional markets. Development banks and the UN invest huge sums of money in sustainable and scalable solutions for these markets. Finland has the technology, skills and credibility to deliver such solutions.
The Developing Markets Platform (previously BEAM program) combines Business Finland services with those of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs, Finnpartnership, UNTIL and other key partners. We help Finnish companies and their partners access African and Asian growth markets in ways that are compatible with UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
We offer information, advice, contacts and project funding for developing markets.
- We fund projects that lead to new, scalable, and sustainable solutions in collaboration with local partners. This includes coaching and matchmaking.
- We help SMEs and consortia, that already have identified an opportunity in a specific market, to access development bank funding.
- We provide information and contacts to help in accessing procurements by the United Nations, mainly in the field of humanitarian crisis relief and recovery.
- We work together with other Business Finland themes (Bio circular, Cleantech, and Digitalization) to identify growth opportunities in developing markets for business with impacts.
Our typical customers are companies, their research and NGO partners, who utilize digital solutions and/or contribute to the development of the bio- and circular economy.
Primary target markets
- Sub-Saharan Africa
Other target markets
- Developing markets eligible for development aid assistance.
If you are interested in our funding services, please be in contact with the persons mentioned below before you submit an application. If you want to apply for funding, contact us before applying. Funding applications should be complemented with information about the potential development impacts of the project through this form.
If your company is still looking for the right target market or you need help in implementing sustainable development goals in your business model, you can participate in Finnpartnership's and Business Finland's Application Workshops.
By subscribing to the newsletter, you will immediately receive information on our upcoming activities and hear about new opportunities in developing markets. We also have a LinkedIn group, through which we share topical information.